OUR VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to coordinate projects of benevolent work, helping children, youth, orphans and poor families in Thailand, particularly those from remote Hill Tribes with limited access to resources. We oversee project-based work to provide entrepreneurial, educational, family-style care and mentoring programs, and other opportunities to improve quality of life wherever possible. By providing education and other opportunities for at-risk young people, it enables them to earn a better living and dramatically changes their lives, breaking the extreme poverty cycle and combatting the high risk of sexual exploitation. Some chilling statistics about Hill Tribe poverty and sexual exploitation in Thailand (Sources: 2013, Jeffrey Hays:www.factsanddetails.com/southeastaisa and www.hopeforhilltribes.org)
- the average Hill Tribe family makes less than $500 per year and struggles to provide food, medical care and education for their children, an average Hill tribe person makes 12 times less per day than an average Thai person.
- many Hill Tribe members, refugees, and migrants are undocumented and have no legal status
- many are taken advantage of by human traffickers who force them into prostitution or slave labour
- 1 in every 3 sex workers in Chiang Mai comes from a hill tribe family
- Thailands Health System Research Institute estimates that child prostitutes make up 40% of the prostitutes in Thailand
- 11% started working in the commercial sex trade before the age of 16 and large numbers are under 18 years of age
- 80% of women working in the sex trade are from rural areas
- 87% have completed less than seven grades at school
- 35% cannot read or write
We are committed to fulfilling the vision to empower Hill Tribe people by supporting community development in Northern Thailand through family-style care, mentoring and life -skills training programs, educational development, remote village, and school outreaches, living standards improvements, ESL Programs. These outreach programs create opportunities to be self-sufficient and successful, especially within the ASEAN Economic Community. We also provide support and development of Faith-based training and education in all areas of our outreach including business and community leadership. This vision continually grows and we’ve seen that the bigger the vision gets, the bigger the blessings that emerge. Thank you for believing with us friends that every child matters, education empowers, poverty sucks and as a global community working together we can inspire and nurture the human spirit one child, one village and one community at a time.
Thank you for being here: You have the opportunity right now to change lives, shape futures and to be a big blessing to vunerable youth as your support helps combat the extreme poverty that leads to human trafficking. ! Donate today!