Please click on our gallery to view our photos!
Although giving financial support is important, so is giving of yourself. Come visit with us and experience our vision first hand.
We have personally experienced the value of cross cultural humanitarian trips and how it affects the people being served, as well as the people who come to get involved. We are living proof of the life changing experience, as well as seeing the changes in the teams that we have worked with and the volunteers who have visited us. When we are stretched beyond our personal comfort zone and minister to other people our life perspective changes and our vision grows.
At World Wide Life our mandate is to assist the children, youth, orphans and poor families and their communities in developing countries,with a focus on Northern Thailand. In doing so we create opportunities for people to come together as volunteers and help with various projects.
We welcome any groups who want to get involved and experience authentic Thai and Hill Tribe culture. Whether you are a church or school group, a community organization, friends or family, we can accommodate groups who are interested in getting involved in a cultural visionary experience, including rolling up your sleeves and assisting with general improvements to living conditions or offering your skillset to host a training workshop. If you are a smaller group, up to a maximum of 8 people we can also organize and host a customized Northern Thailand tour experience.
Some typical experiences and activities may include:
- Work projects and Vocational Training Programs – hands-on projects, whether it is structural improvements, renovations or cleaning and painting or vocational training workshops where you can share your expertise.
- Youth Ministry and mentoring programs – just spending time with the youth, anything from singing songs, telling stories, playing games, practising English or doing crafts
- Worship Participation – If you choose to, you can attend a church, a worship service, or Bible Study alongside the youth we mentor, you’ll be amazed by their faith and their enthusiasm.
- Community improvement and outreach-visits to a village or school project
- Shopping – You can visit the Chiang Rai shopping areas like Central Plaza mall, Chiang Rai Night Bazaar and Saturday Night Walking Street Market, take a shopping trip to a Laos island market, or we can arrange for an opportunity to visit the local markets, all giving you the opportunity to enhance the local economy in a positive way.
- Sightseeing or Cultural Tours – includes opportunities to experience some cultural things unique to the area like: Elephant Camp experiences that include a long boat ride on the Kok River, Mae Sai and the Opium Museum, the Northern most tip of Thailand bordering Myanmar (Burma), the Golden Triangle, Coffee Farms and Tea plantations, remote Hill Tribe and Thai Villages
- Remember …. All work and no play ….well that’s just not a complete cultural experience. With that in mind, we will do our best to help you explore all that the region has to offer.