Please click on our gallery to view our photos!
Although giving financial support is important, so is giving of yourself. Come visit with us and experience our vision first hand.
We have personally experienced the value of cross cultural humanitarian trips and how it affects the people being served, as well as the people who come to get involved. We are living proof of the life changing experience, as well as seeing the changes in the teams that we have travelled with on previous trips.
When we are stretched beyond our personal comfort zone and minister to other people our life perspective changes and our vision grows.
At World Wide Life our mandate is to assist the children, youth, orphans and poor families and their communities in different parts of the world. In doing so we create opportunities for people to come together in the form of volunteers and help with the various projects that we are involved with abroad.
We always welcome groups who want to get involved and experience authentic Thai and Hill Tribe culture. Whether it be a church, school, community organization, friends or family, we can accommodate groups from 1 – 18 people who are interested in getting involved in a cultural visionary experience, including rolling up your sleeves and assisting with general improvements to living conditions at the boarding school or Lifeline Youth Development Centre. If you are a smaller group, up to a maximum of 8 people we can also organize and host a customized Northern Thailand tour experience. Once you have your team in place we will work with you through all of the steps; from choosing a date, to organizing the activities which best suit your group’s interests.
Some typical experiences and activities may include:
- Work projects and Vocational Training Programs – hands on building improvement projects, whether it is structural improvements, renovations or cleaning and painting or vocational training workshops where you can share your expertise.
- Youth Ministry – ALL teams get involved with this in one shape or another, from singing songs, telling stories, playing games, practicing English or doing crafts with the children and youth.
- Worship Participation – If you choose to, you can get involved in attending a church or worship service alongside the children and youth we mentor, you’ll be amazed by their faith and their enthusiasm.
- Shopping – You can visit the Chiang Rai shopping areas like Central Plaza mall, Chiang Rai Night Bazaar and Saturday Night Walking Street Market, take a shopping trip to an island on Laos, or we can arrange for an opportunity to visit the local markets, all giving you the opportunity to enhance the local economy in a positive way.
- Sightseeing or Customized Tours – includes opportunities to experience some cultural things unique to the area like: Elephant Camp experiences that include a long boat ride on the Kok River, Mae Sai, the Northern most tip of Thailand bordering Myanmar (Burma), the Golden Triangle, Coffee Farms and the MaSalongTea plantation, remote Hill Tribe and Thai Villages
- Remember …. All work and no play ….well that’s just not a complete cultural experience. With that in mind, we will do our best to help you explore all that the region has to offer.